Focus stacking with the OMS 40-150 f4 Pro not available?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CS-Ottawa New Member • Posts: 8
Focus stacking with the OMS 40-150 f4 Pro not available?

In its advertising for the 40-150mm f/4 PRO lens, OM Systems says "Focus Stacking:
Use with a camera that has a Focus Stacking mode to take images with greater depth of field." ['Up Close and Personal' section]. Focus stacking is a feature I occasionally use and it was one of the reasons I bought the lens last week.

However, when I mount it on an E-M5 II body, focus stacking is greyed-out in the menu system and I can only do focus bracketing. However, I can do focus stacking using that camera body when I mount an Olympus 12-40 f/2.8 PRO lens.

I checked to see whether the camera and lens firmware are up-to-date, and they both are, according to my (also up-to-date) OM Workspace software.

Is this a firmware issue? A camera body issue? Or is this an advertised feature that doesn't exist?

I'd love to know if anyone has that feature working on more recent camera bodies. I'm not yet getting any response from OM Systems support, and I'm wondering whether to keep the lens or send it back.

CS-Ottawa's gear list:CS-Ottawa's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro OM System 40-150mm F4.0 PRO
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M5 II OM System 40-150mm F4.0 PRO
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow