Photo management & view on phone

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MeamoFan Forum Member • Posts: 64
Photo management & view on phone

For nearly twenty years I’ve been using Apple products to organise my photos & video and distribute them to my devices. I started syncing my iPod to iPhoto and currently sync my iPhone & iPad to the Photos app with a few years using Aperture in the middle. For a good few MacOS releases the WiFi sync appears to be broken for me and the USB sync is long winded & flakey at best.

Apple clearly wants me to put my photo library in it’s cloud which I’m sure would work well but at 500GB odd the cost is prohibitive.

I thought about uploading just the “favourites” to a photo stream but as my photo library is on an external drive the photos app won’t permit uploading to a stream.

I think I need to give up on the syncing approach and I’m not exactly a fan of the Photos app. So I’m open to ideas, so far I’ve vaguely considered a Synology NAS or running LibrePhotos on my Mac.

MeamoFan's gear list:MeamoFan's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow