Kudos to B&H + Possible Problems

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lucky Sky Senior Member • Posts: 1,843
Kudos to B&H + Possible Problems

This post is NOT a flame of B&H Photo Video. Rather I'll start off with a thank you to B&H:

I discovered today that the USB cable that's part of the gear Nikon includes in the Z6II box was not the OEM part. This discovery happened 3 months after I received the camera. I called B&H and a supervisor approved sending me the correct cable at no cost, despite that this was 3 months after receipt of the camera. They know something about customer service. KUDOS and thank you, B&H.

Now the problems:

1) The newly discovered non-OEM (as you'll see) cable head would not fit in the USB port. Yes, I'm quite familiar with USB operation. It was obviously not the Nikon UC-E24 USB cable that comes with the Z6II.

2) To make matters worse, the packaged cable when opened today had on the end that is to fit in the port had the stamped word "Amazon Basics" on the plastic cable head.

3) Next problem: The Nikon introductory mini-booklet that comes with the camera was in the Spanish language....no English anywhere.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Spanish language mini-booklet was obvious to me as soon as I opened the camera box. Taken by itself, it doesn't mean much to me. Just human error.

But that cable fiasco? All I can say when the problems are taken together, I now feel uneasy about the camera. In truth, it locks up very rarely, and I see via reading posts here that it isn't an unknown problem. Other than that, it's flawless. But still.........

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Any thoughts you have about this strange set of events is welcome.

-- hide signature --

Lucky Sky
Your ph1otographs are your moments in time
https://www.flickr.com/photos/luckysky99

Lucky Sky's gear list:Lucky Sky's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Nikkor Z 24-120mm F4 S
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow