Z8 Owner's Frustration: Firmware Updates and Second-Class Treatment

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ghostfox_1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,325
Re: Z8 Owner's Frustration: Firmware Updates and Second-Class Treatment

sdbirder wrote:

N Deacon wrote:

Maybe switch to Sony, who will charge you $150 just for some grid lines in the viewfinder. Imagine how much they could charge you for auto capture? Seriously, I am pretty confident that those features are coming to the Z8, but you bought the Z8 on the specs at the time? Bear in mind that I waited over a year to get those features uploaded onto my Z9 (the Z9 was less capable than your Z8 on release), so I would suggest that you show a little patience and accept any future capability updates as a pleasant (and hopefully free of charge) surprise. If you want a Z9, you're going to have to buy one - as I did. The price definitely hurt, but that was what I needed to pay to get the tool that I wanted and I still take great pleasure in wielding it.

Z9 is a boat anchor and I'd never buy one. Both cameras should be the same price/features.

so...are you saying the z8 should be 1500 more dollars?

ghostfox_1's gear list:ghostfox_1's gear list
Nikon Z9 Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Samyang 135mm F2.0 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow