An interesting R7 AF set up video

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 27,407
An interesting R7 AF set up video

This is the way I shoot and I know I'm in a minority. I've described it a few times and found a video last night. The only differences are that he starts with Expansion AF. It could be Single point or Spot Focus. I start with Whole area AF. For BIF I make the camera work for me. Using Expansion, Single or Spot you have to have the AF point (centre option with Expansion) on the bird. With Whole Area the entire AF array is working for me.

Part two of triple focus square is the white pre-focus square which I use. Part three would be pressing the Shutter button ½ way which initiates AF.

I made a few changes for BBF. If Eye Detect fails and the bird won't focus in I mapped the AF-ON to Zone AF. More AF points to work with to get it into focus. As soon as that happens I release the AF-On an Eye Detect snaps in. I even use Zone AF for static objects. The * button now is mapped for Single point AF.

All my ML bodies are set that way. A picture is worth a thousand words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7UWjJBmluA

-- hide signature --

You just need to keep the forests wet

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS R7 Canon EOS R6 Mark II Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow