Mysterious EVF behavior

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
StevenN Senior Member • Posts: 1,632
Mysterious EVF behavior

Last night, I was taking photos at an event with my Z6II, and the light inside the building was fairly dim, so I used my Nikon SB800 flash. More times than not, when I started to push the shutter button down, the EVF for a split second went extremely bright, as if someone had fired a flash in my direction. At the same time, the camera seemed to have trouble focusing.

After thinking about it, I wondered if the flash was emitting its infrared light, and somehow this was interfering with my EVF. But when I got home, I was unable to duplicate this behavior while I was standing with the camera in front of a mirror. No infrared light came on, only the green focus-assist light on the camera.

This is not the first time this has happened. Sometimes I end up popping the battery out of the camera for a few seconds, and it seems to clear things up for a couple of shots, and then the super-bright EVF comes back.

Btw, I was shooting in manual mode, at 1/100 sec., f5.6 and ISO 800.

Has anybody else experienced this strange EVF behavior?

-- hide signature --

StevenN

StevenN's gear list:StevenN's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Coolpix S9700 Nikon D750 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow