XF 16mm F2.8 or XC 15-45mm for Occasional Wide Angle Shots

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sshapiro Senior Member • Posts: 1,133
XF 16mm F2.8 or XC 15-45mm for Occasional Wide Angle Shots

A few months ago, I sold my X100V along with the WCL. I have started using an X-T3 with XF 27mm (newer version) as my everyday carry system and for most of my street photography. I would like to keep a wide angle lens with me so I have a similar capability to what I had with the X100V and WCL. I believe the WCL produced a focal length of about 19mm.

I'm not interested in the 18mm f2 for various reasons I won't get into; however, I am considering either the XF 16mm F2.8 or the XC 15-45mm. While I prefer the weather resistance of the 16mm, the XC lens is very inexpensive and is supposed to be very sharp up to about 30mm.

I don't expect to need anything wider than 27mm for most of what I use the camera for, but it would be helpful to have an option for those times when I can't back up enough.

I would appreciate anyone's insight into the positives or negatives of either lens for my intended purposes.

Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow