Will there be an R7 Mk II ? (Part 2)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chris Wolfgram
Chris Wolfgram Veteran Member • Posts: 7,785
Will there be an R7 Mk II ? (Part 2)

In response to MikeJ9116...

Well that would just be all bad ! As much as I love my R7's, I'd like to see several improvements. Much faster readout speed, bigger buffer, better viewfinder, grip....

And to be an "upgrade" it would have to be at least 32mp's, if not 40. One of the biggest benefits of the R7 is that it puts more MP's on the bird, than ANY other body on the market, crop sensor or full frame ! As a birder, cropping is important. And so is reach.

Maybe the R7 seems more popular to me, as I often surround myself with other bird photographers. And I know several that own, or have owned the R5, yet do most of, or all of their bird photography with their R7's.

I just went ahead and sold my R5 a year ago, to buy a second R7, and never looked back.

I'll tell you what, if Canon "doesn't eventually comes out with an R7 upgrade" and Nikon does finally make a pro level APS-C body, I could see myself jumping to Nikon for that body, with a PF 800 F6.3 on it. JMPO, but that is probably the best birding lens on the planet, for price, weight, image quality, etc.

-- hide signature --

Every day in the field is a blessing. Nice photos, of beautiful birds and wildlife are just a bonus.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/161603079@N02/page1
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Chris Wolfgram's gear list:Chris Wolfgram's gear list
Canon EOS R7 Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon RF 600mm F11 IS STM Canon RF 800mm F11 IS STM +1 more
Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow