Canon EF glass on Nikon Z8 and Z9

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dgumshu
dgumshu Veteran Member • Posts: 4,688
Canon EF glass on Nikon Z8 and Z9

For those of you thinking of treading into the “Dark Side”, but have too much Canon Glass, fear no further.

I recently added a Z8 and 9 to my collection.  I’ll probably buy some more Nikon glass too at a later date, but I don’t want redundancy.   I also don’t want to sell off my Canon glass.  Consequently, I looked for reviews of the new Fringer EF to Z ll adapter  on YouTube and then made the purchase  due to positive reviews.  
Just received it today and attached it to the Z8.  I tested the 100-400 ll, 400 F4 DO ll with 1.4 and the Sigma 500 F4 with a 1.4 TC attached… on still subjects.   Moving subjects will follow.   Focus was very impressive… very fast, near to far, far to near.  Focus on the Wide C-1 focus area was dead on along with 3D tracking.  I’m very impressed.

This adapter makes adding a Nikon body to Canon gear so much easier.  I’m not an adapter kind of guy, but this one does work well.

-- hide signature --
 dgumshu's gear list:dgumshu's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z9 +54 more
Nikon Z8 Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow