I dropped my R6! Now what?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MKEphotog Junior Member • Posts: 38
I dropped my R6! Now what?

Hey there, everyone

This morning I slipped and fell on ice-covered concrete, on my own property, with my new R6 Mark II and RF 70-200 lens.

The hit was enough to loosen the rear element of the lens, but the camera seems okay.

I think what saved the camera was I had a battery grip attached, which took the brunt of the fall.

The battery tray was knocked loose, and the SD card in the camera was partly ejected.

But after taking about a hundred shots with the camera and three lenses, the camera seems fine.

Fortunately, I had signed up for Canon CarePAK for the camera and the RF 70-200.

I will send in the lens for repair, and expect it to be covered, but should I send in the camera?

I’m hesitant because the camera seems to be working fine, and it’s my understanding that Canon only allows one repair, per item, under CarePAK coverage.

If you’ve dropped your camera, and it seemed okay afterward, did you experience problems later on?

Many thanks for your thoughts on this!

Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow