Isola Verde
Isola Verde Forum Pro • Posts: 10,997
Re: Olympus 12mm f/2 lens

John Bean (UK) wrote:

Isola Verde wrote:

John Bean (UK) wrote:

Isola Verde wrote:

M.Zuiko ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 SPECIAL £259 [do, £600]

Thanks for that, Peter, I wouldn't have looked there for bargains.

The 9-18 isn't a lens I've had success with in the past (sample variation I imagine) but at this price I decided to give it another go. That price is less than MPB's used prices except for one that says: "The front element has significant marks, but this isn't visible in the image produced." - and they still want £214 for that one. The others are are £284 to £299 so £259 new is a real bargain.

Must be several dealers with used ones, and with new stock, wincing at the prices of all three featured lenses!

Perhaps overcautious, but I'm wondering about getting myself a spare of the 9-18... such a useful range, and weighs almost nothing...

Mine arrived today, too late for proper testing. Actually OMDS were really quick and it was scheduled to be delivered yesterday but UPS let them down. Free shipping though so no complaints from me. It's branded as Olympus as expected.

I have of course tested it for function and was surprised by one of me tests; I have a (badly) converted full-spectrum G5 that lacks any kind of filter, so the registration distance is way out. As a result very few AF lenses and no MF lenses will focus to infinity on the G5 and my choice was limited to a Panasonic 14-45 or14/2.5... but I can now add the Olympus 9-18 to the list, it focuses perfectly on the G5. I have no idea how well it will perform in the IR region but I'll soon find out in this unexpected sunny weather here in Lancashire

Sounds like you're off to a good start! Hope that that continues...

Peter

Isola Verde's gear list:Isola Verde's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 X Olympus OM-D E-M10 IV Olympus PEN E-P7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow