Really selective tone controls in PL7

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
José B
José B Forum Pro • Posts: 21,114
Re: Really selective tone controls in PL7

Digital Nigel wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

José B wrote:

... I can also use Adobe Camera RAW to handle these blown highlights. However like I said earlier I seldom encounter this lighting issue.

I experimented recovering the highlights via the basic Manual Exposure----Highlight Priority Strong.

So that's something in ACR?

PhotoLab.

It's a good starting block and then I post processed my way from there. Looks good to me and I will use this method in the future.

I see what you've improved, but you've also lost brightness in the skin tones. I'd try to restore those areas (and probably boost some of the blacks).

Agreed. I think I'd have used a brighter setting, perhaps Highlights Priority — Slight, and made more use of Smart lighting, perhaps Spot Weighted mode.

It was still bright and wanted to minimize the flash effect so at the last second I decided to put a dash of Astia via FP and decreased the exposure.

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS R6 Mark II Sony a6700 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow