Really selective tone controls in PL7

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
José B
José B Forum Pro • Posts: 21,117
Re: Really selective tone controls in PL7

José B wrote:

Thanks for this Nigel, I will look at it closely when I get some time. I am not as proficient as you when it comes to post processing. Lately I've been shooting a lot with the R6MKII and rarely I get blown highlights and more often than not---the opposite. Looks like Canon protects the highlights with this camera but in some cases block the blacks. Actually I prefer this than the other way around. With DXO I can just lift the blacks/shadows with the Smart Lighting---normally I go with 15-25% intensity depending on the image. I don't care if it creates noise because they have the superb Deep Prime XD to clean it up.

As to blown highlights, I'll review your method later. I can also use Adobe Camera RAW to handle these blown highlights. However like I said earlier I seldom encounter this lighting issue.

I experimented recovering the highlights via the basic Manual Exposure----Highlight Priority Strong. It's a good starting block and then I post processed my way from there. Looks good to me and I will use this method in the future.

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS R6 Mark II Sony a6700 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow