Why Does DxO Photolab Render my Fujifilm RAW Files in Black & White?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nyalgy Bubu
Nyalgy Bubu Regular Member • Posts: 129
Why Does DxO Photolab Render my Fujifilm RAW Files in Black & White?

As per title; when I use a customised film simulation on my Fujifilm X70 [set to record RAW + JPG] and then import the images into DxO Photolab 6, the RAF [Fujifilm RAW files] are displayed in Blaxk & White...

Note the thumbnails at the bottom. And this is the RAF file being displayed in the main pane.

I don't know why this is happening. But thought that maybe Photolab was just mimicking the look of the JPG by importing the RAF file with the colour saturation turned down. But, as you can see from the colour adjustments panel, the saturation is unchanged. The RAF file seems to be actual monochrome....

I'm not complaining really. Imean Leica charge an arm and a leg for a camera which shoots monochrome RAW files. But I am curious as to why this is happening with my humble X70.

Oddly enough, MacOS Finder displays previews of the RAF files with in colour. So obviously the colour info is there. Why is Photolab hiding it from me? Something buried in the settings somewhere, I presume.

Fujifilm X70 Pentax X70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow