What to learn first about my new Z8

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LongTimeNikonUser Senior Member • Posts: 1,499
What to learn first about my new Z8

Per B&H Photo, my new Z8 outfit (body, 2 Z mount zooms, etc) is arriving tomorrow.

To say I'm excited, that is an understatement.   So what do I concentrate on learning first? I do know how to use my lenses, and I do understand composition and exposure. I just don't know how to accomplish these things on the Z8.

Overall i do family photos (grandchildren, etc.), events, travel, some sports (baseball), and railroads and rail transit. (I am a railroad hobbyist). Rail photography is very much like sports or photojournalism.  You can't often control the lighting, which can be dim, think indoor train or subway station. You can't always have a do-over opportunity. For fast-moving subjects, you often need to shoot 5 fps or more to be sure to get the best shot. Flash is an absolute NO-NO in public spaces because of security fears.

-- hide signature --

LongTimeNikonUser

LongTimeNikonUser's gear list:LongTimeNikonUser's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Nikon Z8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
DWM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow