Should I bother with this?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tilted_horizon Regular Member • Posts: 101
Should I bother with this?

I was just gifted (from my dad) some old gear including a working Pentax IQZoom 160 compact that's loaded with an unused roll of Superia, plus 5 more unused rolls, all of it 15 years old or more. I don't plan to get back into regular film shooting since the closest lab is 25 minutes away and they don't do 1-hour processing anyway. Mailing it out will cost me about $200 for the 6 rolls.

Just handling this stuff brings back memories and makes me want to get out and use it. But I know the camera well and the images it makes are pretty awful. For the same $200, I can get a clean Nikon FE with a lens (or similar kit) to scratch the itch on occasion, plus a couple rolls of Kodak Gold 200, then donate this Pentax to my local charity shop.

The film in the camera is a goner, the rest are Fuji Superia 400 (Walmart co-branded!) and one roll of Kodak Max 800. I'm not really a fan of Superia, but maybe the Kodak would be worth paying for? Or toss it all...

tilted_horizon's gear list:tilted_horizon's gear list
Olympus E-M5 III Canon EOS R8 Canon EOS R50 Sony a6700 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow