Canon Eos RP to R8? Input please

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Unclescooby New Member • Posts: 8
Canon Eos RP to R8? Input please

Hello Canon Cam users.

I am contemplating buying an EOS R8 to replace my RP.

I have only had the RP for 1.5 years.  Quite satisfied with it.  I use it mainly for family photos.  I am a hobbyist and NOT a pro photographer.  I do take videos on occasion but not as much as I take photos.  When I take videos I am satisfied with 1080p.  I do not have the urge to do 4k as I feel satisfied with the quality of 1080 and I don't know if it is worth spending on more storage.  (Not to mention the EOS RP is not great with 4k).

With that said, I am considering the R8 mainly for an improved autofocus (e.g. eyetracking).  When I use the RP for faster moving subjects (e.g. kids soccer, or kids dance) -- the eyetracking mode is bad as it cannot keep pace with the action.  As a fix, I use one point or expanded autofocus (i.e. 8 squares around the main square).  The fix works, but will I be more satisfied with the R8 and its purported improvement in eye autofocus.

Any thoughts on the matter?  Should I buy the R8?

Thanks for your input.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Ricoh Caplio R8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow