Wife wants to work on Photography - Help me choose!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JScherer75
JScherer75 Forum Member • Posts: 77
Wife wants to work on Photography - Help me choose!

Hey all,

My wife had to step in at a wedding this year and film the ceremony (high pressure I know!) and Instead of being nervous she actually stepped up, did a great job and filmed it well.

Now kind of to my surprise she wants to continue to give it a go and try more on her own, and she deserves an entry camera to give it a try.

Thats really fun, I'm excited to see her give it a go, but part of the fun here for me i'll admit is she insists whatever I get if she doesn't use it a lot she wants it to be of use to me. Im a semi-pro Nikon shooter with a Z8 and Z9. If theres anything I would also use its something a bit more compact for shooting in certain fun situations.

My goal was to spend around at most $1000 for a body and a 50mm eq. prime lens (but we can be a bit lenient on lens, i just think thats what she would like the most) and I wanted to stick with Mirrorless as she knows enough to like that over a DSLR. Used is what im aiming for.

Right now my favorite as shes taken a bit of interest in video too is something like a Panasonic G9 or GH5 (Bodies are amazingly cheap) and the 25mm 1.7 is $100. Those two together at the best price I can find is right around $750 or a bit under.

I love Fuji and she would love the look but just not sure what I can find for the price im looking at. However maybe I missed something?

Truly open to just about anything mirrorless, any sensor size.

Did I miss anything? I wanted to see if others had good thoughts for me!

Thanks!

Nikon Z8 Nikon Z9 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow