If you could buy one used lens for Zf...?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Photo_AK
Photo_AK Senior Member • Posts: 1,347
Re: If you could buy one used lens for Zf...?

I'm currently enjoying my Z f with Nikon's 28/1.4E via FTZ. A fine couple, though maybe a bit heavy and ergonomically "unperfect"

bjts wrote:

I am very excited about the Zf!

I have no Nikon gear.

Budget is a factor.

I'm thinking of purchasing Zf body only and pairing it with a used lens, or lenses, either z or f mount. Hoping to save a little bit of money from, or get a bit more value for, the $2600 camera + 24-70 combo.

I shoot a bit of everything: lots of nature, some street, some "portraits," and some live theatre and music gigs. I also dabble in video, for installation and short film, and will be using the camera for this on the near future, including a trip to the Brazilian Amazon end of December.

My first thought was to just pick up the 24-70f4 used, and save a little bit. But then I wondered if there might be more creative options out there. Thoughts and recs most welcome. Thank you in advance!

Ben

-- hide signature --

Robert Capa said 'You can never get close enough'. Well, he did ...

Photo_AK's gear list:Photo_AK's gear list
Leica Q2 Nikon D850 Leica SL2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E ED +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow