The best photo editor for me is.....!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
WiltshireMoonraker59
WiltshireMoonraker59 Contributing Member • Posts: 808
The best photo editor for me is.....!

I have tried many many different pieces of photo editing software over the years and I know a lot of people will disagree with me when I say the best software in my opinion is Luminar Neo. I have a love hate relationship with Neo however, because there are aspects of it that I do not like, namely the move to subscription and all the gimmicky add ons which you have to pay extra for. I bought Neo as a standalone program when it was first launched and it has been updated many times and now works very well for me on my Windows PC. The only extentions I bought were the sharpening and denoise tools which are ok but still need improvement. Now I don't like fiddly UI's with tiny drop down menus or menu's that have many of the same tools in different sections like Affinity Photo, Darktable, RAW Therapee and DXO Photolab 7, I have tried all of these and become very frustrated with how complicated and awkward they are to use. I have just tried ON1 Photo Raw 2024 and was quite excited by it because the UI was very clear and easy to use and I thought I had found a sucessor to Neo but it was not to be.

WiltshireMoonraker59's gear list:WiltshireMoonraker59's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Sony RX10 IV Pentax K200D
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow