DXO PL6 strange behaviour

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Marcin 3M
OP Marcin 3M Senior Member • Posts: 1,737
Re: DXO PL6 strange behaviour

sybersitizen wrote:

Marcin 3M wrote:

Is there an official list of supported GPU? I've seen a list with "deep prime" in mind...

That's the only one I know of. See my screen shot of the Preferences > Performance page.

It would be very unusual to propose software that works oddly in particular configurations. Slow acting or "grayed-out" function is reasonable solution, but "odd results"? In a commercial product? Doesn't sound good...

The warning is that 'errors' are a possible consequence with partially supported hardware.

From their faq:

'For systems with older embedded graphics cards, it's possible that GPU acceleration could cause stability problems.

If so, please deactivate GPU acceleration and OpenCL (in case they are activated) in DxO PhotoLab's preferences."

No word about program's weird behaviour.

BTW, I think that this bug will reveal in each system, no matter if it is made of recommended elements or not. This is probably something overlooked by the developers, and probably it requires deep code modifications to get rid of.

Marcin_3M

Marcin 3M's gear list:Marcin 3M's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Adobe Photoshop CS6 Nik Capture NX Phase One Capture One Pro Portrait Professional Studio 64 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow