Marcin 3M
OP Marcin 3M Senior Member • Posts: 1,737
Re: DXO PL6 strange behaviour

sybersitizen wrote:

Marcin 3M wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

Marcin 3M wrote:

Recent update(s):

1. Weird behaviour is observed on totally different system (only common thing is the photolab version and brand - but not version - of OS. Now I use older core i7 and Nvidia graphic card with win10. Weird behaviour is easily replicable with global clearview plus engaged.

I followed the procedure you described using PL7. The two versions end up visibly different, like yours do ... so I confirm that global ClearView Plus interacts in an unexpected way with the local adjustment version. My system is a Ryzen 3 with with integrated graphics on Win10. Note that my GPU is only partially supported.

2. DXO support does not reply since last Thursday/Friday (not sure what is the timezone of theirs support centre).

Conclusion (so far): program has major bug, which makes it almost unusable in some workflow scenarios.

The similar issue that I saw a few weeks ago also involved the use of ClearView Plus.

So we have to wait for DXO action. For me this big is a big problem.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, DXO was informed abou this issue, and do far no word from them.

You tried two different systems. I assume the GPU in the first one is only partially supported, correct? What about the second one? If this affects only partially supported systems, there might be no action taken by DxO.

Just to clarify, here's a very simple way to see the issue. Open an image and apply global ClearView Plus at +100. Then apply a local adjustment somewhere using a brush. Change the Exposure setting in the local adjustment to +4.00. Make no other changes. Simply by showing and hiding that local adjustment, the entire image looks different.

Local adjustment enabled

Local adjustment disabled

My second system is a about 10 years old notebook with Nvidia GPU ( probably gt540m ).

-- hide signature --

Marcin_3M

Marcin 3M's gear list:Marcin 3M's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880 Adobe Photoshop CS6 Nik Capture NX Phase One Capture One Pro Portrait Professional Studio 64 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow