Restoring Lost Resolution

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Van Griff Senior Member • Posts: 1,934
Re: Restoring Lost Resolution

Robert A wrote:

Guys, I have a question about restoring lost resolution on JPEG files.

I hired a professional photographer to shoot a family event. The photographer was supposed to provide full resolution images from her camera's sensor (I believe it was a Canon 5D IV) in JPEG format. Instead, she utilized a website to deliver the images, and that website down-rezzed about 50% of the images quite significantly. She did not retain an archive of her RAW files.

She now believes that she can restore those down-rezzed images back to their original size by using some of the newer software that has hit the market. We're talking about taking a 1.5 MP, 1,500 x 1,000 px image back up to 30 MP and 6,720 to 4,480 px, or close to it.

Is there software that does this sort of thing, and how successful are the results?

Thank you,
Robert

Did not retain an archive of the RAW files . . . that is incredibly stupid and incredibly unprofessional!!!

Professional in performance . . . she is not!!!

As others have mentioned TOPAZ Photo AI may be your best recourse.

Good luck with it!

Best,

V G

Van Griff's gear list:Van Griff's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +35 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow