Thoughts about Nikon ZF and Fuji...tempted

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rakosky Regular Member • Posts: 453
Thoughts about Nikon ZF and Fuji...tempted

To be honest, I'm very tempted to switch to Nikon ZF. So I'm trying to value pros and cons. Here are my main points, I'd like to read your points of view.

Pro Fuji

- Form factor/size

- lenses with aperture ring

- better choices of lenses for street, smaller lenses, better built (no plasticky)

- film sims / OOC jpegs

Pro Nikon

- Full frame: better details, better DR, better crop, better noise levels (especially in low light)

- Af assistant in manual focus: that's a big improvement (green dot when the subject is on focus) over the fuji red/blue highlights

Af-c , tracking

These are only the points I highlighted, but there are many. Anyway the big point is full frame, that means better pictures. Despite the great improvements of the aps-c, FF still gives better detail and that is visible, then the Nikon lenses are outstanding. So although I consider the fuji user experience still superior, switching to ZF has advantages that cannot be denied. If Nikon had lenses with aperture rings, small and suitable for this body, I wouldn't have thought a second about making the switch. So instead I see only the 40 f2 and 28 f2.8 as usable for my needs, but the build quality is not very high and the aperture is lacking. In my case the choice is even more difficult because I have an x-pro3 and not an x-t, so I would also miss the rangefinder style/ovf.

PS: I hope the arrival of the ZF will wake Fuji up and make them change their mind about the FF

What do you think? Will you make the switch to Nikon?

Rakosky's gear list:Rakosky's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow