Help choosing a printer. Epson Vs Canon

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarqOnyx Junior Member • Posts: 48
Help choosing a printer. Epson Vs Canon

Hello all,

So I have been researching all of the printers for a while and all the issues and frankly I need some advice.  I think I am down to Epson P900, Canon Pro-300 or Pro-1000 but I am open to recommendations if I have not listed one that would be a better fit.

Here is my situation. I am a photographer with my focus on Landscapes, Waterscapes and night photography.  I do pictures of the family as well. Im looking to print stuff for around the house and keep photos of the family updated.  I am picky on quality and will notice a bad print so unfortunately I am looking for a higher quality printer.  Part of my concern is that I might not print for 2-3 months at a time. So I worry about the Canon ink usage issue and the cost of that.  I imagine in the course of a year I will be printing 60-100 images of varying sizes.

I have been told I need to start printing and selling my work so that might be a possibility I the future, but I am not working for it.

I guess the question should be should I buy a printer or just print local / online.  Also if you do recommend a printer I would be interested in refilling Vs OEM cartridges.  Thoughts on refilling and ability to do so on the recommended printer.

Hope all that makes sense.  Thanks for any help.

P.S. I have attached some examples of my photos to give ideas on what I want to print, not sure if that will help or not.

Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow