Safari in Botswana

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JeremyB2 Contributing Member • Posts: 887
Safari in Botswana

I'm travelling to Botswana in a few days time for a safari holiday based in the Okavango delta.  Camping in the Khwai Concession for 3 days and then moving to the Xakanaxa area in the Moremi Game Reserve for 5 days.

This will be my first safari. I'm taking my RX10iv and my RX100vi. I previously posted a question asking about night photography and the general consensus was that it's probably best to enjoy watching rather than trying to photograph although I will have a go if the opportunity arises.

There will be a game drive each morning starting at about 6:30, back to camp by mid-morning, and then another game drive in the later afternoon.

I imagine that conditions may be dry and dusty. There will hopefully be reasonably static / slower-moving animals and some faster moving beasts & birds.

I do have plenty of batteries and memory cards. There is no mains power in the camps but there will be charging for USB devices from secondary batteries in the safari vehicles.

I will be interested to hear if anyone has suggestions / recommendations regarding photography during this type of holiday. Any comments will be much appreciated.

JeremyB2's gear list:JeremyB2's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow