Viltrox 24mm f1.8 and 35mm f1.8 Z Mount Sale

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Labmom60 Senior Member • Posts: 1,565
Re: Viltrox 24mm f1.8 and 35mm f1.8 Z Mount Sale

wildblanket wrote:

Labmom60 wrote:

jjz2 wrote:

Labmom60 wrote:

B&H Photo has the Viltrox 24mm f1.8,35mm f1.8 on sale for $249($100 off) USD. Are these lenses a good enough third party alternative ? I’ve been looking for a fast prime, Nikon Z 40 f2, 26mm f2.8, even a used Nikon Z 35mm f1.8. YouTube reviews seem to be pretty favorable. Any thoughts or advice on the Viltrox line? Thank you in advance

The 85 is good but not like the Nikon 85 s. The 85 s has the secret sauce for skin tones/bokeh/perfect portrait contrast.

the viltrox 85 was very sharp and clear, very sharp actually, but more neutral look to the photos.

Depends what you want.
i would say the viltrox is better than stuff like the 40 or 28 lenses, but not as good as the S lenses.

I’m going to stick with the S glass lenses, since I’ve got the S 85 1.8

I think getting the best is kinda obvious if you can afford it.... if you can't the Viltrox are generally good value and probably both cheaper and more convenient than a comparable F lens on adapter.

Viltrox just released a FF 28mm f1.8, I might check this out.  This is my preferred FL, if I can find a used S 35/1.8

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow