X100V or Sony Full Frame Kit for Belgium–what would you take?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
surfoxy
surfoxy Senior Member • Posts: 1,086
X100V or Sony Full Frame Kit for Belgium–what would you take?

Hey all, I'm going to Belgium for a week for my auntie's 90th birthday. Staying in Brussels with my cousins for a couple days, doing a day in Amsterdam/Haarlem with a buddy who lives there, and a day in Oostende for my auntie's party. I want to get a day in for photos in Brugge and Ghent, but I'm doubting whether I'll be there for any spectacular light. I'll probably hit Brugge and Ghent on the way back from Oostende, and am staying in Brussels that night. Maybe I take a very late train and try to get some blue hour/night shots in Brugge on my last night. 6:15 am train the next morning. Except for the fist couple days where I'll be jet lagged, it's a pretty packed schedule. The point of the trip is family, but it's a RARE, maybe once in a lifetime chance to get some photos in Brugge and/or Ghent by myself, without my wife and kids with me.

On one hand, the X100V seems like the perfect solution. Easy carry, easy to travel with on the plane, great images, wonderful constraint of the 35mm (equivalent) FOV. Love the camera. On the other hand...I would love to get some long exposures in the blue hour with some focal length flexibility. I don't know what I'm going to run into composition-wise.

I guess the tradeoff is to have a set of potentially really nice travel images with the X100V, or take the big rig hoping to get that set of spectacular images in Brugge or Ghent. Thinking water, lights, the belfry, etc.

The other option might be to get a very light travel tripod and hope I can get the right image in Brugge one evening/night.

What would you do?

I think either way, I'll want a light pack (suggestions?) to bring the Fuji and maybe a Gorilla Pod or very light and compact (suggestions?) travel tripod.

I think I just talked myself into the X100V approach, but...change my mind. Thanks!

surfoxy's gear list:surfoxy's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony a9 II Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG GN +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow