Dilemma in the Post processing workflow (C1, LR, Dxo)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
santoshvk
santoshvk New Member • Posts: 24
Dilemma in the Post processing workflow (C1, LR, Dxo)

I have been using Capture one (perpetual license) on Windows/Mac from 2018. During my usage, I upgraded the software only twice, and always kept the cost of ownership pretty low. Originally bought the Sony version in 2018, then migrated to full Pro version in 2019, post which my last upgrade was in 2021, which I continue to use till date.

I mainly shoot Landscapes, Travel, Portraits, and am pretty much comfortable with C1, although, have used LR+PS before 2018. All my libraries/catalog are currently in C1. I sometimes use the older version of Affinity Photo along with C1. On my iPad/iPhone I use Photomator/Darkroom, so no subscription there as well.

I just sold my Sony A7RIII after 5.5 years of use, and would mostly be getting the A7RV in the next couple of weeks, which means that the older version of C1 (2021) would not support it, and this is where I'd like some inputs on the Post Processing workflow to invest in next.

1. Capture One : I could continue with C1, though, if I purchase the current version, and the new one drops again in Nov'23. Also, the new licensing terms with no upgrades post purchase doesn't sound good.

2. LR + PS : The new features in LR do look good, plus it would work on iPad as well, though, I am not sure, if I want to go back to the subscription world, which I tried to ward off for so long.

3. ON1 : I have previously tried ON1 RAW in 2022 and did not like much. Not sure, if anything has changed in the latest offering.

4. Dxo Photo Lab : Seems fine based on my trial last year, though, not sure, if its sufficient to replace LR/C1.

Any suggestions to try something new, or any particular advantage to stick with any of the above ?

santoshvk's gear list:santoshvk's gear list
Sony a7R III Fujifilm X-E4 Sony 2.0x Teleconverter Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 20mm F1.8G +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow