Sneaky spammers

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Austinian
MOD Austinian Forum Pro • Posts: 14,333
Sneaky spammers

Recently there have been a couple of instances where a spammer has posted a harmless (but generally useless) comment, then gone back later to edit in spam content that I didn't notice, as I do not always reread earlier posts.

If you spot anything like this (or any other forum guideline violation), please click the "Complain" button; that'll raise a flag that I'll (hopefully) see, and we can minimize the spam that gets embedded into our history to lure in future internet searchers.

Also, if you see a really pointless post (not merely one you disagree with ), perhaps posting a short, neutral reply to it (like "I see") will prevent any future spam edits to that post.

Thank you all for your help (and any other thoughts) with this spam technique. It's not common yet, but if it's successful it'll undoubtedly be copied.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a7R IV Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Macro 30mm F2.8 Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow