SyderX utility crashing after new graphics card/driver

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John_7 Regular Member • Posts: 277
SyderX utility crashing after new graphics card/driver

Sorry this is a bit long but I can’t see how to cut it down. Also sorry for odd spellings, I am dyslexic so they creep in I fear.

I am having problems with SpyderX utility. Just over two weeks ago I changed my graphics card, from a GeForce GTX 1650 Super 4GB to a ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 4070 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6X. I did a clean install of the new drivers. I calibrated my two monitors was OK. But two days later when booting, from overnight hibernation, the Spyder utility closed/crashed. It done this either every or second morning since (i.e. Some days the boot doesn’t cause the crashes).

The faulting dll is logged as the XojoGUIFramework32.DLL with error exception codes of c0000005 and c000041d. It never crashes during the day it only crashes just first thing in the morning.

I have been in context with Datacolor Support who had me uninstall the Spyder and graphics programs cleanly. I had done this before using Revo Uninstaller Pro and Display Driver Uninstaller but have redone it twice now flowing slightly different instructions from them. Since the last clean uninstall/reinstall I have informed them but heard nothing back since.

Before the first Utility crash there were no changes the PC other than the changed graphics driver. It would look most likely the crashes are related to the changed graphics card and driver. But I don’t see NVidia taking any notice as its not there program crashing in this odd way and the lack of further response from Datacolor Support once uninstalling and reinstalling failed doesn’t look promising either.

I have run two online anti-virus scans as well as my Bitdefender. I have used DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and sfc /scannow. No problems were found with any of these.

I would be grateful of any ideas what to do, baring in mind I am not a an advanced computer technician!

John_7's gear list:John_7's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Sony a6400 +19 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow