*** MINI CHALLENGE #713 ***: Memories of that special trip/vacation

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlwynS Veteran Member • Posts: 4,559
*** MINI CHALLENGE #713 ***: Memories of that special trip/vacation

The theme for this #713 Mini Challenge is: "Memories of that special trip/vacation"

This Mini-Challenge begins today and will end at 23:59 PDT on July 13.

SPECIAL COMMENTS: I know that we have had more than one vacation-themed MC over the years. But this time I want it to be a little bit different. To me, this forum is more than a technical, purely photography forum: it is a strong community of friends. Never was this more clear than immediately following the closure announcement. The subsequent sharing of the obvious personal respect, care and yes, even affection, that exists between forum members touched me quite profoundly. I thought that I would like to use this MC to try and maintain and foster that spirit of shared experiences.

I am looking for photographs of those once in a lifetime vacations. Yes, the photographs are obviously important. But I am really looking to hear the back story on the reason why this trip was special to you. So I will be considering the back story in judging the entries

Please designate whether your photo is an "Entry" or "Exhibit." If an image is not stated to be an Entry, I will assume that is it an Exhibit. I will choose Honorable Mentions from among both the Exhibits and Entries. A coveted Dishonorable Mention could be selected from either category - so be careful.

Please consider submitting your photos as entries!

As usual, you can post up to three images as Entries; and as many Exhibits as you wish. Please do not include more than ten images in any one post; and all the normal DPReview rules regarding propriety must be followed.

While it can never be an absolute requirement, commentary and the story behind your images will be greatly appreciated. And always, participation and comments on the photographs of others continue to be the lifeblood of the forum.

The winner of this challenge will hold his/her position as the winner and will have the "privilege" of hosting the next challenge. And with the new owners of the forum: long live the Sony Cyber-shot MC's!!!

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Alwyn

AlwynS's gear list:AlwynS's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P610 Sony RX10 IV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow