I am surprised that D series lens and camera crumpled so deep

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Canadianguy Senior Member • Posts: 2,951
Re: Look at their used prices on their site

DMKAlex wrote:

I guided my friends towards the Z system. He recently bought the Z lens and decided that there is no need to keep the Nikon Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f2.8 G ED IF ASPH Lens AFS anymore.

This lens was the king of Nikon line up for the FX D series. B&H is still selling it for $1,600. Normally, top condition used lens would command about two thirds of new price.

I have just sold it for $500 and I consider myself lucky. There are many offering, from very reputable dealers like Roberts Camera for mid $400 or less.

A while back, I sold the D800 with only 7,400 clicks for only $450.

I can only explain that the D series FX is an ophan product because of the Z series.

That lens was not the king of the Nikon line up in the F-mount.

It was replaced by the VR version.

I don't know of anyone who would pay 1600 USD for the non-VR version new...B&H lists them used at about $800-900 - so estimate of about 2/3 of the selling price is about right.

Same with the D800 - there was D810 and D850 that replaced it. Plus there was more interest in the D800e than the D800 and that's reflected in the used prices.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow