Monitor choice Eizo vs BenQ

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
kciuk aka Ken60 Senior Member • Posts: 1,502
Re: Monitor choice Eizo vs BenQ

Hi reading your question I have to say that 1000:1 for printing is not the way to go !

Ink Jet papers have a contrast of around 200 :1 so soft proofing and trying to estimate the print with a games monitor , or with one designed for high contrast Video is horrid.

Of course the question BenQ or Eizo , no contest ever, the Eizo is a professional unit from the panel to the software , and in the UK the swap out and loan unit collected onsite during warrantee makes the ownership as smoot as silk.

For someone like you the Eizo offers the option to calibrate and refresh all the profiles it holds, the Ben Q only has a few user profiles and the software is hobbyist at best. Because you work with Video the Eizo you mentioned has colour spaces all the way to BT HLG 2100 and with a flick of the onscreen control you can move from video to custom made print profiles with total confidence of accuracy . Screen contrast is totally controllable right down to 200:1 for print.... just some don't understand how it is done. I use the CG279X and if you need any help with profiles or setting it up , pop over to this group and ask me.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1169617553751461

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow