Sigma 35mm HSM ART Autofocus on RF

Started Feb 26, 2023 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MasterWayne Regular Member • Posts: 269
Sigma 35mm HSM ART Autofocus on RF

Hi all,

I'm currently considering to adapt the Sigma 35mm HSM ART for Ef mount on my R5.

I tried it out in a store next to the RF 35mm 1.8. As expected it was sharper wide open, but the AF was slow. So slow, that I first thought the camera was in video mode and the AF slowed down due to that. But no. Tbh I don't think I had a slower focusing lens on a camera ever.. The RF 35mm was way quicker..

Now the question: has anyone used this lens adapted to an RF body and could comment on the AF performance? My main use case is shooting an erratic toddler (and therefore later small child running around).

The guy in the camera store said he had no issues photographing his kids, but he uses the E mount version with the built-in adapter. No idea if this is any different..

I searched the forums but only found discussions on its image quality, so I'd appreciate any input.

MasterWayne's gear list:MasterWayne's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +4 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow