Mini Challenge 695...THE RESULTS thread

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hwvlover
hwvlover Veteran Member • Posts: 7,454
Mini Challenge 695...THE RESULTS thread

Thank you for all the images, whether exhibits or entries, there really were some splendid photographs. For your interest there were some late exhibits and entries from one contributor (JwBobby); as I hadn't started my review I have allowed them in the challenge.

Before I get to HMs and places I want to highlight an image. This, a photo of a photo, was submitted by Nick (NicholasD) who made it clear that ithe original was taken by a friend and therefore, of course, could be neither an exhibit or an entry. However I think it is fabulous to I post it here so everyone can enjoy it.

I quote "The image was taken during the Goodwood Revival races in 2000. Four of us made the trip - memorable for a host of reasons, not the least of which was an air show to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. Goodwood tried to recreate the atmosphere of back in the day - gentlemen were encouraged to wear jackets etc etc. One of my buddies ran a graphics arts studio and is a serious photographer. His part "to play the part" was shooting everything on film using an old Leica. This was one of the photos he took. A framed copy sits in our front hallway and I took the image depicted below. Hard to mistake the mood as a Spitfire comes out of the clouds in a steep dive. Can't imagine what it was like 60 years prior."

Excellent.

For this mini-challenge it has become essential that I dust off the rarely awarded but apparently highly coveted DISHONOURABLE MENTION. I was tempted by this image submitted by the same individual, a lady standing in front of something riveted which might or might not have been a WARPLANE. This one I actually forgave which had nothing to do with the lady in question being particularly gorgeous......nothing at all.

This next one was unforgiveable. Here we are expected to and I quote from the contributor "No plane??!! Good heavens, David - Just need to use your imagination!!"
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Dear Greg (birddogman), you may wear your DHM with shame/pride. Well done and thank you for the laugh.
Next up HMs.

Regards,
David
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened - Anatole France.

hwvlover's gear list:hwvlover's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Sony RX10 IV Leica Q2
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow