550EX and ST-E2 - Manual Mode ?
I'm going to be crossposting this in the Canon forum as well but since it's a "sort of" lighting question I thought I would ask here.
I've got an ST-E2 and 420EX currently.
I've rented a 550EX and I can't figure out if there's a way to use the ST-E2 to trigger the 550EX while the 550EX is in Manual mode.
I know that it will work just fine in ETTL mode and in Multi mode but I can't figure out if it's possible in Manual mode.
My reasons? Well, I want to fire the 550EX into an umbrella but I want to control the output. At the same point in time, I would like to have the 420EX used for either fill or background.
Is this possible?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%