What happened to my greens?

Started Dec 9, 2022 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BITPhotoSpace
BITPhotoSpace Regular Member • Posts: 369
What happened to my greens?

I've been too busy lately making a living to pay for holidays and bills and gear to actually use the gear to do some photography thus I thought I'd use the gear as the gear needs to be used otherwise it doesn't make sense to conduct some not exactly photographic investigations. well out of boredom mostly as everyone else is into football at the moment.

Disclaimer 1: This is not another CMOSvsCCD - OLD (film-like)vsNew (clinical) thread.

Disclaimer 2: I love my EM1.3 to death and no way I am going back to DSLR or any other mirrorless (or is it EVIL?) make any time soon.

Shots comparing the mostly plastic and dingy Nikon D3000, the EM1 and the EM1.3. I kept the D3000 for one important reason - people shots and the way it renders skin tones otherwise no comparison.

Before you ask - My monitor is calibrated etc. bodies were pre white balanced (white background behind playmobils) then white balanced again in ACR within approx the same gray area in shot. ACR adobe standard color profile used. I did adjust the exposure slightly in post (0.5) as either the lumix 25 had less transmission or otherwise due to body specific real vs declared ISO values (if you were to believe in DXOmark tests - am I making any sense?).

what on earth is going on here? is it really "colour science" we are talking about?

The hybrid doggy-piggy bank green although slightly oversaturated and somehow flatter overall is most accurate (to my eyes) in the D3000 shot followed by the EM1 (with a bit of the old yellow creep) - but the EM1.3? - totally out and not sure I could call that green anymore

Any thoughts?

BITPhotoSpace's gear list:BITPhotoSpace's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica M8 Nikon D90 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 +19 more
Nikon D3000 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow