The nonsensical lure of the Hasselblad

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MattPointZero
MattPointZero Senior Member • Posts: 2,053
The nonsensical lure of the Hasselblad

I have almost new GFX100s kit with the 20-35, 45 and 80 lenses, and love the kit.  I bought it after struggling to make the decision between the GFX and the X2D.

I sit here with 2 month old kit that is way better than my skill and will never be a limitation on the quality of my images.  If I were to chop it in, which would make zero sense, it would only fund an X2d and single 38mm V series lens.

I watch Jim's tests with great interest, and essentially find nothing between them that would amount to a sane reason to swap one for the other

Aside from maybe some SOOC colour, my photos would be no better.  It would have less AF capability, I'd be much lighter on lens choices (running a one lens system), and it is all downside.

Yet still, 2 months later, I agonise over whether I should have gone with my heart not my head, and I spend time considering changing my choice.

I know.  GAS.  Identify what my current system doesn't do, just go out and take some photos, blah blah blah...  

I only raise it because I find it interesting that for me, and I think others, the Hasselblad has an allure and quality that makes no practical sense, but remains very powerful.  I totally agree that a camera is just a tool, and you should just choose the best tool for the job.

So why do I waste time still watching Hasselblad videos, cooing and ahhhing over the form factor and the colour in the images??      

MattPointZero's gear list:MattPointZero's gear list
Sony a7R V Sony FE 100mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow