Fuji X-H2 - failed face detect

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Creativestubble Regular Member • Posts: 151
Fuji X-H2 - failed face detect

Hi all,

Been testing a few cameras to upgrade to over the past few months (Sony A7iii, Sony A7iv, Fuji Xh2s and Xh2)

Some context - I shoot street photography www.darrensacks.com or my instagram is below so you can get an idea of my use cases.

I currently have an Xpro2 and Xh1. I use the Xh1 as my primary body but the auto focus is not great and I am keen for something a bit quicker.

I am not going to write a full review on the bodies but happy to answer any questions on those cameras.

I really like Fuji, the way the cameras feel and the colours are excellent. So I had high hopes for the Xh2/s cameras.

This last weekend I had the Xh2 for some night shooting.

I will attach an example of a photo where it told me face detected (this is not intended to be a good photo but I was just trying to test face detect and auto focus whenever I could) For me this is not where Fuji should be in 2022. I must say that the Xh2s was slightly better, but still not super clear at night. The Sony a7iv is another level in this area.

What have been your experiences with the Xh2?

Settings:

AF-S, Zone (I should have been in AF-C granted but on the LCD screen it had green boxes on the face the whole sequence so you'd expect one to be locked on the person not the background)

This was the case with other shots, just not so extreme.

-- hide signature --

www.instagram.com/sacks

Creativestubble's gear list:Creativestubble's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony a7 IV Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow