Refresh the 2.8 trinity?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TravellerJim New Member • Posts: 12
Refresh the 2.8 trinity?

I was considering picking up the 16-55 and 50-140 as an end of year present to myself but have held off.

Whilst the 2.8 lenses are fantastic, I feel Fuji needs to update these "legacy" lenses to make them lighter and more compact. Whilst the metal construction is good, modern plastics like those seen in the Tamron range do wonders for those travelling with their gear. Even a metal/plastic mix could work whilst making the physical dimensions smaller.

It appears most Fuji bodies will be IBIS going forward which should negate any need for inbuilt optical stabilisation (OIS) on any proposed refresh.

I am happy to be a Fuji photographer and love this community. Whilst some may decline my opinion and take offense, I feel it is a reasonable statement that Fuji consider a updating these lenses. Sony, Canon and Nikon did the same with their 2.8 lenses over the years as technology and manufacturing allowed for improvements. For example some full frame mirrorless 70-200mm zooms and within 1LB of the Fuji. I feel with modern manufacturing techniques Fuji could make a APS-C 50-200 f/2.8 (75-300 equivalent) and have it weight around 1KG.

Maybe we will see something announced in 2023.....?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow