R6 EVF experience vs R3's

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aston Senna
Aston Senna Regular Member • Posts: 150
R6 EVF experience vs R3's

I'm hoping someone can compare the EVF experience of an R6 to that of an R3 (or any other stacked sensor camera, a9, z9). With the right settings/modes, is it also blackout free and with a live, constant feed? I read about the high speed display setting (no the 120hz/fps display mode, though I'd want that on, too), if that makes it blackout free or not. If lowering the fps in electronic shutter gives you a live feed. I also read the 1.2.0 firmware gave an evf update when high speed display is off, it doesn't do frame playback insertion , but does a blackout like a dslr, if anyone can comment on that (i don't mind dslr mirror blackout). I can't stand the slideshow effect i saw on one when i picked it up at best buy and didn't know what settings to try out.

just trying to do proper research here

Thank you! 🙏

Aston Senna's gear list:Aston Senna's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon 85mm F1.8G +8 more
Canon EOS R6 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow