AFS-S issue - Returning my XT5

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cream17
Cream17 Senior Member • Posts: 1,250
AFS-S issue - Returning my XT5

I’ve read a fair few threads and and watched  videos on the AF acquisition being a problem for the XT-5, however my issue has been on static subjects where I can only describe there being a back focus issue.

I’m a long time Fuji user (XE1, XT1, XT3) so feel I have a good understanding. My comparison with my XT3 has shown a difference in the focus. Where there is a muddy look to the shots and on closer inspection the focus is off.

I’ve used focus priority, tripod and decent shutter speeds…1/500 and I still appear to have had the issue consistently on 50% of image to a varying degree.

strange initially I was thinking it was user error, or one of the settings, but hacking by chance seen a discussion by another user with the same issue, then I acknowledged it was a camera issue.

will look at another body, or maybe an XH2. Would be interesting if this issue has manifested for others. 
The million dollar question is whether Fuji has a firmware update in the works. There should at least be some acknowledgment.

Cream17's gear list:Cream17's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-H2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +9 more
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow