Noise removal with Nikon Z pics ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chris Wolfgram
Chris Wolfgram Veteran Member • Posts: 6,391
Noise removal with Nikon Z pics ?

So with my Canon R5, simply converting the RAW files (which has to be done anyway) with DXO Pure Raw, to DNG files, removes anywhere from 90 to 100% of the noise. Once in a while, if I make a pic which is really noisy, I’ll run it through Topaz to clean up that last remaining bit. But I hate it when I “have to use Topaz”. Kind of feels like a bit of a fail. But noise freaking kills me.

Anyway, I’ve been daydreaming a lot lately, about a Z9 paired with a PF 800 F6.3. But I’ve heard (haven’t experienced) that DXO Pure Raw does not work the same (as well ?) for Nikon or Sony? Does anyone want to confirm or deny this ? 
what do you Nikon Z guys do to remove noise ?

Oh, and what do you use to convert your RAW files ? Does the Nikon program work as well, or better than aftermarket conversion programs ? Canons sure doesn’t ! (It might now, but not when I bought my R5 a year ago)

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
Website
www.LightInEveryCorner.com
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809
No time or attention given for negativity or trolls.

Chris Wolfgram's gear list:Chris Wolfgram's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +1 more
Canon EOS R5 Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow