Need External SSD Scratch Disk for MAC Studio

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tvstaff
tvstaff Veteran Member • Posts: 3,234
Need External SSD Scratch Disk for MAC Studio

HI All, Advice, please.

I have a new MAC Studio and want a fast scratch disk to dump to, edit and then put the finished product to my NAS.  I don't know if anything can even use Thunderbolt 4 but I understand Thunderbolt 3 is backward compatible on MAC Studio.

Can anyone recommend a fast scratch disk?   I can sit for 5-10 hours straight editing after NYFW.  I'm sure some of you know how frustrating it can be if you're editing is not responsive and you have to sit and wait when you move a slider.  Aghhhhh

I shoot stills only, the largest files ever are 240MB each in TIFF's and could have up to 50 edits on each shot, the absolute max.

FYI, my largest camera cards I dump from are 1TB each.  Nikon Z9, Canon 1DXMKIII and GFX100's all RAW files, are the only things I edit.  I will never do video.

Thank you, very much in purple!    Can also thank you in Blue

Best, Tony

-- hide signature --

Fashion, Fashion BTS, Fashion Editorial, Sports, Athlete Portrature, Editorial and Creative Portraits are my world. Shoot Canon, Nikon & Fuji. https://www.kissmykite.com/nyfw-photographers-tony-filson

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Fujifilm GFX 100S Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM +28 more
Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow