I am trying to justify purchasing an X-T5; test X-T1

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
roberthd12 Contributing Member • Posts: 862
I am trying to justify purchasing an X-T5; test X-T1

I am enjoying all the reviews of the X-T5 and would certainly like to own the camera, esp. for the IBIS. But today, just to convince myself that I didn’t really need it, I put my X-T1 on a tripod with the 50mm F2. Forgive the crappy model in this pic, as my supermodel girlfriends were on break. But when I zoom into my beat-up, sun-damaged face, the sharpness SOOC looks awfully good. Obviously the 50mm is known as a quality lens, and the X-T1 has a solid output.

I truly believe that this pic could be taken on an X-T5 and not be one bit different than on my X-T1, other than file size. (The bald head and hot spots will still be there.) The X-T5’s features are impressive and many of you may need them, but I guess I can’t convince myself that I would get any more out of my everyday street and family stills. Plus, my wife won’t give me the $$$.

Tell me I am completely wrong and must have the T5. I will show your comments to my wife.

-- hide signature --
 roberthd12's gear list:roberthd12's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X100V Olympus PEN E-PL1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 +12 more
Canon EOS 1200D (EOS Rebel T5 / EOS Kiss X70) Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow