Olympus Stylus 1s with various TCs

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kcdogger Veteran Member • Posts: 4,271
Olympus Stylus 1s with various TCs

Today is not much better for shooting pictures, but I thought I'd try out the Stylus 1s with the various TCs that I have. All are hand held, full auto, SOOC.

1st one - No TC at 28mm

Next - No TC at 300mm

Ricoh 1.5X TC @ 450mm

Olympus TCON 17 @ 1.7X - @ 510MM

Olympus TCON 17 plus camera internal TC 2X activated @ 1020mm

(I see the EXIF data shows I didn't quite get to full extension here - my bad - but looks pretty good.)

Taken at the Dole Center for Politics, Lawrence, KS. It doesn't prove much except that the TCs work (loaded on front of camera lens and on the Olympus CLA 13 and with the TCON 17 setting on in the menu). They al look pretty sharp but are fiddly to set up - but they are available if the reach is needed and there is time to set up and good light. Lots of flexibility with this small camera. These shots, except the first one are all shot a max extension. Of course you can zoom less in each, if desired. Thanks to Brian, Elliott, and Bill for putting me on to this.

Note: The wide angle TC (Olympus .7 TC) did not work so good when used at minimum (28mm) extension. I did not think to extend it.

Just trying them out. Good, but fiddly.

Peace.

John

kcdogger's gear list:kcdogger's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX100 VA Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS80 Olympus TG-6 +37 more
Olympus Stylus 1s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow