Recommend editing software that is not a subscription

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bearphotography
bearphotography New Member • Posts: 22
Recommend editing software that is not a subscription

I'm close to retirement and would like to get back into photography and editing my photos as a hobby/not a professional.  Back in the day I used Adobe photoshop CS.

I liked being able to batch in RAW, edit in 16 bit, duplicate image to keep original and of course work on the copy, layer, heal, clone, blur, crop, bring back color in specific areas that you b&w/sepia the photo,  liquify, text, sharpen, etc.....

Would like a software that has these basics I'm use to, I know soft ware has evolutionized with easier steps, but before I invest would like the tools present that I liked to use in the past vs give you some basics but you have to buy more to get extra tools....its just unclear exactly what the initial packages give you vs having to buy more or add a subscription.  Its just unclear what all these truly offer in their basic packages and want to draw from others who more exerience to help this old man out lol.

heard of ON1 photo Raw 2023, Luminar Neo, DXO photoLab, inpxio, Corel aftershot photo, GIMP

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow