Olympus US Repair

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rich K
Rich K Contributing Member • Posts: 996
Olympus US Repair

Just wanted to give Oly repair service in New Jersey a good review.  My trusty EM5.2 was a casualty of the dust on the trails around Everest when the on/off switch decided to no longer function (luckily in the "on" position).   They received the camera on the  21st of Nov., gave me my estimate on the 24th, shipped it back to me via Fedex on the 30th and I received it yesterday, Dec 6th., so all-in-all, reasonably timely service.  They did the repair for their now-standard charge of $248 which includes a good cleaning inside and out, checking firmware, etc.  This is my second good experience with them.

Of course I had to think a little bit about spending $248 on a camera body which is probably only worth $300.  But me and this camera have logged way too many trail miles together for me to just throw it in the garbage and even in it's broken state, it was still taking great pics:

Gokyo Lakes, Gokyo village and Ngozumpa glacier, Nepal, Oct. 2022

Yet, the siren song of the OM-5 calls ...

Rich in Reno

Rich K's gear list:Rich K's gear list
Sony RX100 III Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow