E-P5 all but one JPG quality greyed out

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stephen Strangways
Stephen Strangways Contributing Member • Posts: 796
E-P5 all but one JPG quality greyed out

I know there are many settings that can cause an Olympus camera to grey out, and make un-selectable, raw only, but has anyone ever seen this, where only one JPG quality is active, and all the others, as well as raw+JPG and raw only, are greyed out?

I've tried a full reset and a basic reset. I've tried re-flashing firmware 1.8 from an SD cars. I've tried multiple cards and no card. I've tried lens and no lens. No accessories and VF-4.

I've disabled the art modes, I've made sure bracketing is off, anything that could prevent raw only... done another full reset... but still can't change the image quality selection. I've tried every mode on the mode dial. I've tried creating MySets.

I can go into the custom menu and change the resolution and compression for all of the JPG settings, the one that is selected and the one that is greyed out, so at least I can charge Large Normal into Large Superfine, but because I can't select a different option to actually be shooting in, raw is completely unavailable.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Olympus PEN E-P5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow